Friday, October 12, 2012

What I've been up to!

What have I been up to?

Well, first off, I've been spending a lot of time at work. I used to just work my basic hours and go home, but now am spending an extra hour at work as we are currently do a validation protocol on a new (to the plant I'm working at) drug. A validation protocol is to prove that the plant can a)produce the product same as the original plant, b) generates quality control data same as the original plant c) ensure the equipment and timelines are right.

So, as I work in the quality control lab, I am part of the team who are ensuring that we can test the product to the same standard as the original product plant and that the product made in our plant is the same as the original plant. The product has a small sample taken at different stages of it production and we run tests on it to make sure it is ok.

Due to the fact that the product is getting sampled at different stages of its production, instead of one 'finished' product to test, we are getting the raw material, the suspension of raw material (the material in a solution), product after the suspension has been applied and then product after curing (oven baked basically). And then finally the 'finished' product. So basically 4 more parts to test.

No wonder we're all exhausted in there!

At home, unpacking is still on going.
But some progress has been made.
I had purchased a 6x3ft pool table for €25. The legs needed some work as the bolts had gotten lost, but the main table was fine. So I had put it on top of the table in the back room as a temporary measure.
I had gotten the new legs and my girlfriend suggested that for ease of movement around the back room, small coaster wheels be put on it. So I did! The table stands perfectly level and is working perfectly. We're going to get a piece of MDF and a cheap table cloth so we can cover the playing area and use it as a normal table.

My games/hobby room was 95% of the items in it that is going to be in it. Going to try and organise it over the next month so I can start painting and building again. Hopefully I'll have photo's of the finished room soon.

Purchases have been scarce for the last few months, moving to a house has brought higher rent, bills and extra mileage (and therefore petrol costs) to the fold. To try and cut down on hobby spending I've been surfing the web a fair bit and am now going to start a huge undertaking. I am going to go through 3tb of data across two laptops and 4 external hard drives and clean, rename and organise them all. This will start within this month and I hope to have it completely finished by New Years.

Another thing I hope to do is to put some reviews on the blog. I started with one of the books I read, but am not happy with my formatting or content for it. I'll be working on a template that will work for books, dvds, models, websites and games. Or I may get lazy and google it.

Lots of text so to finish here's a picture of one of cats sleeping beside me as I type this. He's lying on one of my hard drives. Silly kittah as my gf would say!


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment