Saturday, July 23, 2011

Real Grade Zaku!

Hello all!
Over the course of a Saturday evening I decide to build one of my Real grade Zaku II models. The Zaku II with the distinctive red colour belonged to Char, full details of the mech here:http://www.mahq.net/Mecha/gundam/msgundam/ms-06s.htm

Any way, for the build I decided to copy Elvin's idea of using the hanger bay bases as a backdrop, but for this I needed more people for the crowd.
Cue this: 1/144 scale people!
The figures are of a soft plastic (maybe silicon or vinyl) so I decided to stick them to little bits of left over pla-plates so that they'll stand by themselves. 
 Here's a couple of close-ups:

 The hanger bay in its original state for my Real Grade Gundam.
 Time for the build!!!!!
Starting from the bottom up - the build was supervised by Char himself!
 Start of the leg build up to the hip, the internal frame isn't the normal plastic but a softer plastic used for the RG internal frames.
 Armoured up for the first leg, crowd is starting to build.
 Same pic, minus the flash.
 The side links for the legs, using metal beads to detail it up, I used the sets bead for the 1st and last beads on the spring and the rest are metal. The metal beads are slightly smaller than the set beads, 2 set beads are the same as 3 metal beads.
 Again, minus the flash.
 Second leg made: Crowd is building.
 Hip skirt build and being transported to the mech.
 Slowly does it!!!!!!!
 All attached safely!!!!
 RG Gundam is getting interested in the build
 Less blurry pic
 Chest part built again with metal beads, same as the legs!
 Gundam is getting nervous with the new mech.
 Arm built.
 Shield built. Gundam getting to a better position if there's to be a fight!
 Second arm and head on!
 IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 OOOH, my axe!
 Axe vs Beam Rifle.
 Aaaahhhh, right so. need better weapon.
 HAHAHA Bazooka and Beam rifle vs beam rifle
 Evenly matched! Let battle commence!
 Posing for the camera, get my good side!
 Close up of the gun.
 1/144 tanks.
 Fight! Or check out my ass.
 Ass, minus the flash.
 Ammo!!!!!
 1/144 HG vs RG grade
 And again minus the flash.
 Side:
 Back:
 Shield Side:
 All done!
Thanks to www.gunpla.co.uk for the quick delivery of my detailing part!!!!!!
My next build is another RG grade Zaku, but this will have metal thrusters, more metal beads and decals. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

4 comments:

  1. LOL, nice build presentation. how many bases do you have 10?? I know you got 6 off me.

    Anyway, enjoyed reading and looking at the many pictures you put up. One thing to improve might be to get a tripod to reduce the blurry pictures, also, turn up the exposure as well as the aperture to get bright enough pictures so that flash wouldnt be required.

    I love the little people you found. Too bad I cant seem to find them myself.

    Hope to see the next model built up soon.

    Elvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Will do that with the camera for the next zaku!.
    Here's an ebay link for the set I got: http://cgi.ebay.ie/1-144-54cm-German-Morser-Loki-bnib-/230653605563?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item35b406b6bb#ht_500wt_1156
    but they're 1/144 scale. they might be ok. Thanks for the comments - PS i have 7 bases, 6 were used here, one is separate for my rg gundam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi can I know where did u buy the hangar bay? I've been looking for something like that to place my gunplas. Thank u in advance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got them from www.gunpla.co.uk Elvin runs it. He does good deals for 6 of them. Sorry for the extra long delay, I don't seem to get notifications for comments from blogger anymore.

    ReplyDelete