Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hobby buys!

Must not be lazy.......

Hi all!
Back again, said I'd better update the old blog instead of reading other peoples!

So at the weekend I was in my local hobby shop and spotted a tamiya product hidden under a few items.
Digging it out, I discovered that it was the rotating paint stand set. So, I bought it. for €23.
Anyway, here's a few pictures!
 The box I saw, not actually blue, no idea what I did to the camera to make it do this!
 1/100 gunpla that I got from Elvin protecting the box. 2 Strike Noir heads on the bodies with out the fins. The blind Gundam has a sensor back from an Armour Gear weapon set. Mix and matched the body parts.
 What you get in the box. 2 stands with rotating bases. When I bought it I thought that there was only one base and you swapped the top stands. Glad I was wrong :)
Each rotates freely and smoothly. The clips can be removed when you want!
 Scaled against the 1/100 in an attack pose. Waiting for a spin.
 Blind Gundam with the other stand. This is more for car kits to hold the body shell of the car while painting.
 Lookie!!!!! my makeshift and cheap paint clip: Made of 1 tesco clothes peg (pack of 24 was 1.50euro) and a bbq stick for the meat (bag of 100 was 2euro). Bit of masking tape and I'm away!
 The stand can hold 12 of these at one time, though the can be abit loose.
 Blind Gundam showing his scale!
Attacking gundam being held by the peg and stick. The pegs are springy and have a rubber pad on each side so the item won't move. He's been held up by one peg! Also he stayed up for a minute before the stand toppled due to the high center of gravity caused by the long stick.

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment