Sunday, June 20, 2010

Location, Location, Location

So, where do I get my models?

Warhammer 40k models are easy to get. Games Workshop has a store in Dublin along the Quays. My local Art'n'Hobby store has a small selection also. Then there's Gamers World along Jervis St. Ebay is good for individual models. And finally I find www.adverts.ie is good for 2nd hand armies.
I don't really go to the wargaming stores online. Don't really know why, just don't.

My gundam models have a variety of places. My original Gundam Wing figures were bought from Smythes Toys, sadly they no longer stock gundams. Then I went to the George's Arcade in Dublin. Mini Japan (i think its called that) has a stall there and he used to stock models. Last few times I was there, he had none, I think due to the bulk he's stopped doing them. Boo to that.
I've gotten a lot of my models from ebay, either 2nd hand group lots, individual built figures or brand new figures. I'll post what ebay shops I use in a future post.
I got some models in Amsterdam and even in Jo'burg S.A.
Never know where you might find them!

Other models such as my Star Trek models are wither from Ebay or Crowe's Street. Crowe's Street in Dublin has a little gem of a shop hidden away. It has a small shop on a corner of a building. In this shop is one of the most dis-organised yet brilliant shops I've ever come across. In one corner is a guy selling new comics, in a space the same size as a wardrobe. Beside him is the man I've gotten a few bits and pieces from, he sells models. Older Star Trek, Transformers, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica etc. Even some 80's stuff.
Then the rest of the shop is taken up with comics. Back issues in comic bins, cardboard long boxs, and stacks. Looks dis-organised, yet the guy who runs this section knows exactly where everything is. Sheer brilliant.

Subcity Comics and Forbidden Planet also sometimes stock models but not that often :(

I'll try and dig up the ebay shops that I mentioned earlier and I hope this helps the Irish guys who may be looking for stuff.
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment